Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages is offering up to 6 places for current New Zealand teachers of Japanese (Years 1-13) to attend a two-week language and cultural immersion programme in 2019 at The Japan Foundation Kansai Centre, Osaka, Japan.
Activities are arranged by The Japan Foundation, this programme is a fantastic opportunity to be immersed in the Japanese language and culture.
Resources and activities on this programme will improve your Japanese language and teaching pedagogy.
Sessions on Japanese Culture
Introduction of Japanese teaching materials, language and cultural resources
Activity based curriculum support: includes orienteering in Osaka, a homestay visit and a school visit
Applications for the Japanese Immersion Programme are currently closed.
Preference will be given to NZ registered teachers who:
are engaged in Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages curriculum support
are involved in levels 1 to 4 of the Learning Languages area of the curriculum
are currently teaching Japanese
have a level of Japanese equivalent to JLPT Level N5 or above
Future Learning Solutions will arrange and pay for:
- Domestic flights connecting to international flights
- International flights
- International travel insurance
- In country accommodation, transfers, cultural activities and language tuition during programme dates
- Teacher release day (TRD) costs: 5 days per participant for the Immersion Programme
Participants will be responsible for:
- Visa application and fees (where applicable)
- Domestic transport to programme travel where domestic flight is not applicable but transport still required i.e. bus or personal transport, with reimbursement post-programme. This applies to out of Auckland participants only.
- Transport to and from participant's local airport for programme where FLS has arranged the domestic flight
- Parking at participant's local airport for programme where FLS has arranged the domestic flight
- Personal expenses and incidentals
The Kansai Immersion course is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Japanese language and culture. I came away with an abundance of new teaching resources and a renewed enthusiasm for teaching Japanese. The connections I made with the other teachers on the course were invaluable. I also now have a greater knowledge of the Osaka/Kyoto area which I can share with my students both at school and on my next school trip to Japan.
Hutt Valley High School