Auckland: Thursday, July 1st, 9.00am - 3.00pm is now FULL
Hawkes Bay: Tuesday, July 27th, 9.00am - 3.00pm
Christchurch: Friday, July 30th, 9.00am - 3.00pm
Hamilton: Wednesday, August 4th, 9.00am - 3.00pm
Wellington: Friday, August 27th, 9.00am - 3.00pm - CANCELLED
Tokoroa: Tuesday, August 31st, 9.00am - 3.00pm - CANCELLED
(Venues to be confirmed and advised after registration).
Welcome to our inaugural Pasifika Languages Roadshows. This initiative aims to grow and nurture the growth and success of learners and teachers of Pasifika languages in Aotearoa NZ. Teachers attending the roadshows will:
- Gain practical strategies to enhance student engagement
- Understand the expectations of the NZ Curriculum for new teachers of language
- Be able to differentiate learning instructions for multi-level classes
What is covered in the roadshows?
- Designing interactive learning tasks
- Enhancing student engagement using e-learning tools
- Teaching multilevel classes
- The new language teacher Survival Kit
These roadshows are offered to teachers of the following languages:
- Cook Islands Maori
- Lea faka-Tonga
- Vagahau Niue
- Gana Tokelau
- Gagana Samoa
These events are FREE* for NZ registered teachers of Pasifika languages.
Kai will be provided (morning tea and lunch). Please note any dietary requirements in the relevant section of the registration form.
Registrations will close one week prior to each roadshow. Numbers are limited to 30 teachers per event.
*For these workshops, Future Learning Solutions Centre for Languages will:
- Pay a teacher release day to your schools to cover the relief costs of each teacher’s attendance at the roadshow. After completion of the workshop, your school will be sent details of how to claim back agreed costs.
- Provide expert facilitation of professional learning development based on the needs identified by Pasifika language teachers.
- Ensure that teachers stay connected and network with other colleagues.