Kansai Scholarship Programme
ILEP offers fully registered New Zealand teachers of Japanese places on a two-week scholarship programme at the Japan Foundation in Kansai, Japan to improve their Japanese language and culture knowledge and teaching skills.
Photos from the Kansai Immersion Programme
The language and culture immersion programme includes:
- Sessions on Japanese culture
- Introduction to Japanese teaching materials, language and culture resources
- Activity based PD such as orienteering, home-stays, school visits
- An intermediate level of Japanese equivalent to JLPT level N5 or above
- Evidence of a strong commitment to ongoing professional learning
- Demonstrated contribution to the Japanese language teaching community
- Teacher of students in years 7-10
The last Kansai Immersion Programme took place 26th September - 7th October 2016.
Information on the programme in 2017 will be released in due course.
For further information, please contact:
Akiko Harada, National Adviser for Japanese: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Thomson, Intercultural Programmes Coordinator: email@example.com