The Japan Foundation Sydney Seminars
ILEP, in partnership with the Japan Foundation, offers places for New Zealand school teachers of Japanese to attend a 3½ day Japanese Intensive Seminar held at the Japan Foundation's Language Centre in Sydney.
This Seminar will enable teachers to develop language skills, gain confidence using Japanese and to develop language teaching strategies and skills that they can apply in their own classrooms. Specific focus includes intercultural language learning (ILL), language skills, Japanese culture for classroom activities and ICT-based learning. Participants will be immersed in a Japanese language environment suited to their level and will have ample opportunity for networking, sharing ideas and resources.
This course is aimed at currently-working New Zealand school teachers teaching any year level(s) from Years 7-10. All New Zealand teachers of Japanese who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Non-native speakers of Japanese
- Currently teaching Japanese or beginning teaching in the following year
- Able to read and write hiragana and katakana
- A language proficiency at least equivalent to JLPT N5 or above. (If you are unsure of your JLPT level, you can check the JLPT site: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/forlearners.html)
- Teaching a minimum of 4 hours of Japanese language per week
- Have not attended any JPF Sydney Intensive Seminary within the past three years.
Preference will be given to those who are engaged in ongoing professional development.
Programme Dates & Applications
The next seminars will take place from 16th - 19th January 2017
Application Deadline: 18th November 2016
See the programme flyer here.
To apply, please download and complete the following documents:
Please return the above to Jennifer Thomson Intercultural Programmes Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the programme, contact Akiko Harada, National Adviser for Japanese: email@example.com
or see the Japan Foundation website.